May 13, 2008

Don't leave your in-flight items at airport security! Only bring the essentials.



As a frequent flyer, I have mastered the art of what to carry in my beautifully tailored ziploc baggie. So, the little clear bag we thought we had gotten rid of once we left elementary school is back! And no we won't be filling it with Wonder Bread peanutbutter & jam sandwiches. Instead, our carry on liquids will have to be squeezed into the little clear baggie. This includes everything from lipglosses to mascara. However, when it comes to travel K.I.S.S is the way to go! (K.I.S.S meaning Keep It Simple Sister, no offence boys. No worries my travel essential tips are unisex friendly!)

First, let's get the serious stuff out of the way. According to Canadian Air Transport Security Authority the following security measures are in effect:

Passengers are permitted to bring liquids, gels and aerosols through security screening at Canadian airports provided that the items are packaged in containers with a capacity of 100 ml / 100 grams (3.4 oz) or less, and that the containers fit comfortably in one clear, closed and resealable plastic bag with a capacity of no more than 1 litre (1 quart). The approximate dimensions of a one litre/quart bag are 15.24 cm by 22.86 cm (6 in. by 9 in.) or 20 cm by 17.5 cm (8 in. by 7 in.). One bag per passenger is permitted.
http://www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca/english/travel_voyage/notice_avis/index.shtml

Check out the website for a list of Makeup & Toiletry items permitted & non-permitted!

With that being said here is what I believe can make your travel experience much simplier. As I mentioned before K.I.S.S is the way to go & this also applies to your face. Leave the heavy makeup for a night on the town & go simple & "almost" barefaced.

Item checklist (my faves are listed below)
  • clear baggie-check the CATSA site above for exact measurements
  • hand moisturizer (L'Occitane-Shea Butter)
  • multi-purpose item that moisturizes (Elizabeth Arden 8 hour skin protectant-I use this for my lips, cuticles, & for a long flight I dab underneath the nostrils to add moisture)
  • eye-balm/gel (Vichy Oligo 25 eyes Anti-fatigue)
  • Multi-purpose makeup (Nars Multiples which can be used as a blush, lipstick, eyeshadow, & its exempt from your carry on because its a solid)
  • tinted moisturizer (Stila, Elizabeth Arden, Clinique CityBlocks are a few faves)
  • water spray for face (Evian...however there are a few others that are great)
  • essential oil (here's a little tip for long over night flights: ask the Flight Attendant for a cup of hot water-1/2 full, a napkin-perferably a kitchen type that you can bring from home. Now, put the napkin in the hot water cup - so that the napkin soaks up the water, drop in a couple drops of your choice of an essential oil - my fave is lavender. Not only does this lift your spirit but acts as a humidifer if placed underneath your face on the tray table)
  • mascara (nothing but mascara will add that awake look...or else try sunglasses)

Also, splurge on a 1 litre bottle of water after going thru security (it costs alot more but you'll thank me later). Asking the Flight Attendant for water only gets you a glass at a time & you should be drinking alot more than that, keeping yourself hydrated is the way to fly! By hydrated I don't mean wine ladies & gents (one glass of alcohol=two in the air).

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm loving that you used Polyvore. I love that site. Do you know if you can bring tweezers in your main luggage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Polyvore too! Allows you to post your pics nicely! As for tweezers on board yes it is allowed. States YES on the site I posted. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips Monica! When I travel I bring pretty much the same things!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are lovely! Thank you for stopping by beauty parler, the online powder room...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig